This is one of my girlfriend Catriona’s favourite dishes.
What you Need
- Thinly sliced beef
- Vegetables – Carrots, Broccoli, Mangetout, baby corn – M&S Chefs prepared vegetables
- Vermicelli Noodles – 2 portions
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Cloves of garlic – minced
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 capfuls of Xiaoxing rice wine
- 1 dash of Rice Vinegar
- Sesame seed oil
- Ground nut oil
- Dark and light soy sauce
- Chop vegetables into bit size pieces.
- Slice beef into bit size pieces.
- Add some sesame seed and ground nut oil to your wok and heat on high.
- Mince garlic.
- Prepare 1tsp of chili powder and 1tsp of cayenne pepper and 1tbsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare noodles as directed for stir frying – For me i had to place the noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Add the chili powder and cayenne pepper to the oil and mix.
- Add the garlic and let it reach a nice golden colour.
- Add your beef, make sure all the pieces have separated.
- Add 2 capfuls of rice wine plus 1 dash of rice vinegar and mix into the beef and oil.
- Once meat is browned, add all of the vegetables and mix into the sauce.
- When the vegetables are starting to get soft, add the sesame seeds and mix.
- Now add the noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Add some light soy for taste and dark soy for colour.
- Continue to fry for another minute until all the noodles have reached the same colour then serve.