For the last few weeks i’ve been using a Boots Double Edge Razor. Shaving with a Gillette Fusion for the last few years has worked out ok, but I wasn’t satisfied with the results.
Changing to a safety razor was an interesting and bloody experience for the first shave or two, but after reading some guides online, things became a bit more clear.
So i decided to take the plunge and buy some proper equipment:
- Merkur 570 Chrome “Progress” Safety Razor
- Pure Badger Shaving Brush
- Taylor Of Old Bond St Sandalwood Soap and Bowl
- Alum Block
- 10 Gillette 7 O’ Clock Double Edged Razor Blades
- 10 Derby Extra Double Edged Razor blades
- 10 Feather Hi-Stainless Double Edged Razor Blades
- 30 Israeli Made Double Edged Razor Blades
First shave was pretty smooth, with a few nicks, but the alum block sorted that out. There’s a huge difference between the Boots razor and the Merkur one. Hopefully after a few more shaves there will be less blood.